To support my immune system through the shifting seasons, I’ve been doing a lot of at-home juicing, often using spare ingredients to whip up simple, nutrient dense meals.
This pasta dish has quickly become a new favorite. It’s not only fiber-rich, naturally detoxifying and immune supportive.. but it’s also delicious. The earthy crunch of roasted broccoli balances the sultry burst of boiled beets, satisfying without slowing you down.
Best of all, it’s gluten-free and vegan!
- Gluten-Free Brown Rice Spaghetti (I use and recommend Tinkyada)
- Two medium sized beets; chop each beet into quarters, then halve the quarters
- Head of broccoli
- White sesame seeds
- Flat leaf parsley, roughly chopped
- Opt for local and/or organic options whenever possible.
- Preheat oven to 375.
- Chop two medium-sized beets into quarters, then halve the quarters. Toss into boiling pot of water. These will go for about 40 minutes.
- Place broccoli on a dark baking sheet or cake pan, drizzle olive oil and top with salt and pepper to taste. Sprinkle sesame seeds. Hand mix until seasonings are evenly distributed then place in oven. These will also go for 40 minutes.
- 20 minutes into cooking, place half a bag of the spaghetti into boiling water and cook for 15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Drain spaghetti and beets.
- Remove broccoli from oven.
- In a bowl, place a heaping spoonful of spaghetti; top with beets and broccoli. Drizzle with extra virgin olive oil, salt, pepper; toss lightly.
- Top with chopped parsley and a sprinkling of sesame seeds.
- Little known fact: sesame seeds are rich in calcium and a crucial component to any healthy, balanced Vegan diet.